Welcome to the WildBeast documentation!
What is WildBeast?
WildBeast is a multifunction Discord bot system intended to be able to perform various tasks, ranging from easy server moderation (Kick, ban) to having fun (8ball, meme generation, music playback) in your Discord server. It has an extensive per-server customization system with various settings. For people interested in running a WildBeast instance themselves, there is even a sort of API for making your own commands.
WildBeast was originally written by 3 avid coders in 2015. Since then many devs have come and gone, years have rolled by and the bot has continuously matured. It's currently being constantly developed and improved by a multinational team of 11 developers, moderators and other personnel at the time of writing. Check out the team here!
discordie library to interact with the Discord API.
These features are available in every WildBeast instance, including our official WildBot!
- Music streaming from YouTube, SoundCloud and so forth.
- Classy insults and strokes.
- Dank meme generator.
- Useful advice.
- Moderation commands like kick, ban and so forth.
- Role commands like addrole, takerole and colorrole.
- NSFW image fetching via e621 and rule34.
- Server utilities like welcome messages, server and user info and so forth.
- High level of customization with an extensive per-server configuration engine.
- Extensive support and documentation of running your own WildBeast.
- A sort-of API for you to create custom commands (If you're running a custom instance).
We provide documentation and support on installing WildBeast over here in the docs, written by our documentation writers. Currently we support installation on Windows and Linux systems. Docker instructions for Windows are available.
Resources for selfhosters
- Windows installation
- Linux installation
- Docker installation
- Custom command doc
- Updating guide
We run a Discord server in which you can test WildBeast's functionality in our own sandbox. Feel free to come over to chat, meet fellow coders and users alike or just hang out with the community! Click the banner below to get started.